We were back at it this past weekend, working away on the second floor of our building in Three Rivers. We took out the last of the walls we intend to remove, chipped off more plaster to expose the brick underneath and carefully took up some wood floor we weren’t able to use where it was (but will certainly save, possibly for use in part of the bathroom). We also managed to start several smaller projects, including removing existing trim and breaking apart old heat registers. Below are a few photos, with more available on Flickr.
Rob, tearing out walls:
Kirstin, taking plaster off brick:
And the floor removed:
Next up, we need to clean up more plaster and lathe, remove nails from the floor we’re saving, and dispose of other debris. Then we can start building things instead of tearing them down!